A quick search on the internet will tell you that your business needs a website. You will find dozens of articles and blogs ready to tell you that your website is your online brochure, it will attract more customers and create more business. But here’s the thing: all of those things are only true if you do it right.
Done properly, a website is a great tool and a vital part of your marketing campaign. Research shows that with the popularity of mobile devices, people are turning more than ever to the internet to search for and gain confidence in products and services before they buy. So getting your website just right is well worth the investment.
Why not do it myself?
There are plenty of DIY options out there for your website, but here’s why you should consider having a professional web designer do the job for you:
- You’ll get a more complete service and therefore a better end result.
- Unique and eye-catching design, rather than having to choose from a limited range of off-the-shelf themes.
- Expertly crafted to the individual needs and expectations of your business and its customers.
- Help is at hand when it comes to SEO and targeting your content for specific key words and phrases.
- Assistance with setting up website hosting and domain name registration.
- Ongoing support for when the website is launched and beyond.
Here are a few great reasons to have a professional website for your business:
1. It gives your customers confidence in your brand
When your customers want to know about what you do, their first instinct will be to check out your website. Mobile technology means that it’s easier than ever for them to search for you online. With a professional website that looks good, works well and loads quickly, your customers can have their initial questions answered within a few minutes. Before getting in touch with you directly, they often will want reassurance that you can deliver what they need and a well-designed website is the perfect first step.
2. It’s working for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Even if you’re on holiday, out meeting new clients or taking the morning off to watch your kids at Sports Day, your website provides your customers with 24/7 information about your products and services. It’s an always-on solution for answering customer queries, receiving messages, taking payments, placing orders and bookings.
3. It’s sharable
Whether sharing links to your website on social media, emailing out to your mailing list, or printing your domain name on your letterheads and brochures, it lets your customers share your information with others, giving you an instant sales team without you even hiring.